Hogwarts RP 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfiguration Classroom

+3
Cara Granger
Perpetua Lestrange
teacakes
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Transfiguration Classroom Empty Transfiguration Classroom

Post  teacakes Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 am

Verity Thomas entered the classroom slowly, looking down at the Ravenclaw and Slytherin first years. She was fashionably late, deciding it to be the best way to gain their full attention right away. Evidently, she does so, all the students stop talking within seconds of noticing her, the more ambitious had straightened themselves up with their textbooks at the ready. A few more had their wands out, excited and keen to begin transfiguring mice into mountain goats or any other such bizarre combination that might have appeared in their young minds. Verity waits just a few seconds longer, her eyes scanning the room, noticing some familiarities in students' faces to those of her old classmates from years ago. She breathes in and prepares to speak.

"I am Professor Thomas, your Transfiguration Professor. I hope you are all well rested because my classes will not be easy. I won't lie to you, Transfiguration is an enormously complex subject and I will be surprised to be teaching even half of you in your N.E.W.T years. That being said, I hope you can prove me wrong. You may all have the potential to succeed but you will need to put in continuous and conscious effort for that to become a reality. The rewards for this are great, just as it's one of the hardest branches of magic, it is one of the most useful, also. That is something I want you to realise right away, so due by the end of this week is a short essay on the value of practical transfiguration use in the modern wizarding world. Today, however, you will each be attempting to turn your quills back into their original form."

Verity turned away from the students and smiled to herself, none had spoken or even coughed while she gave her little speech but now they were all whispering to each other, slightly confused. Finally after about a minute, one of the more confident Slytherin's raised their hand. It was a young blonde girl, her hand raised waiting for Verity to see her. Verity obliged and the girl spoke, in a slightly high but forceful voice and asked the question every student wanted to hear.

"Miss, what do you mean our quills 'original form', what form are they supposed to take?"

"Why don't you get them out and find out." Verity's eyes twinkled as the students began digging around in their bags to find their quills, she turned away again and walked to her desk, sitting down as the same student who had asked the question saw what used to be her quill and squealed. She placed onto her desk a small hot pink lizard, while around her other students found their own lizards in various colours, perfectly matched to the colour their quills had been originally.

The first class ended well and Verity was glad none of the students seemed bothered by the lizards. Evidently, a few of the Hufflepuffs in the following class were less happy, initially but by the end they had left quite content with the exciting first lesson, even after she reminded them of their homework.

teacakes

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Classroom Empty Re: Transfiguration Classroom

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:26 am

Perpetua sits down before the bell and listens carefully to the lesson, she has always looked forward to transgfiguration and wanted so badly to do well.

She wrote notes on parchment and shushed the other slytherin girls as they giggled and gabbed. When the time came to transfigure her quill into a lizard she tried so hard.

With a swish of her wand and the incantation carefully spoken, she managed to change it into a beetle, a fish, a strange yellow wooden object with the number 2 at the end, and finally her pink lizard. She was so proud that she didnt want to change it back. Maybe later she thought, when she practiced in the common room, she would leave it as a lizard.

As Professor Thomas walked around the classroom, Perpetua smiled and held up her lizard.

Perpetua Lestrange

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Granger Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 am

Cara sits down looking at the teacher. (Bella Weasley of corse!)

Cara Granger
Student

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Caroline hurried into the classroom. She was determined not to be late to this class. If she was, she was sure she'd get detention AND some other sort of punishment from her mother later. However, she was surprised to find that her mother wasn't even there yet. She felt cheated. She slumped into the seat across the aisle from Cara. She thought it might be rude to sit next to her, as she might be saving the seat for somebody else, and at any rate she wasn't the greatest with new people. But it also seemed rude to sit at any greater distance from her. She glanced at Cara out of the corner of her eye shyly, as she ground her teeth, angry at her mother from making her come early when it didn't even seem she needed to. Now she must while away the awkward wait, oh how she did hate waiting!

Caroline Weasley
Student

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:56 am

Perpetua comes in and looks at Caroline Weasley, as she walks past she says "Another Weasley? You would think they could do something with that ginger hair." She laughs and finds a seat by her slytherin friends.

Perpetua Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Granger Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm

"Hey! Don't you bloody call her that! You filthy arse-hole!" said Cara in disgrace as she punched Perpetua.

Cara Granger
Student

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Caroline wouldn't have known what to do or say to Perpetua's taunt, but Cara's reaction made her burst out laughing. She hadn't expected such a colorful defense from a Hufflepuff. She took heart from it. "I like my hair" she said "you're just jealous because yours isn't half so interesting".

Caroline Weasley
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Perpetua was a little shocked to get socked by a hufflepuff, but she did not like the idea of losing control of the situation. As Caroline giggles Perpetua jumps on the hufflepuff girl and grabs her hair, she slaps her and says."Learn your place mudblood, or my friends will show you where it is."

She looks back at Caroline and says, "Jealous of what Weasley, your ginger hair, hand sewn clothes, or your blood traitor family?"

Feeling good about saving face, she sat down and waited for class to start.

Perpetua Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Lucretia clapped as she walked into the room late

'nice one lestrange'

'i hope you dont mind if i sit here' without waiting for an aswer she took a seat near the girl anyways and flicked her long dark hair
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:52 pm

"Of course I don't mind, there is not many good places to sit with mudbloods and weasleys about"

Perpetua sneered once more at the huff that hit her and turned around to talk to her new friend.

Perpetua Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Lucretia took out her book and laid it on the desk

'yes you have got a point' she smirked 'i do think that detentions are going to be given out any moment now, and i saw that, that girl hit you, if you get a detention so should the blood traitor'
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:00 pm

"I was merely defending myself from being accosted by the hufflepuff and the weasley, some nerve hitting someone with a family such as mine"

Perpetua Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:05 pm

'a weasley should know better' she said sighing slightly
'however they seem to forget their blood status, that in my eyes, is worse than a mudblood who cant help their inferiority'
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Caroline didn't know what to say to Perpetua because she found her to be so unbelievably stupid. Finally an idea came to her "Yes, you're jealous because you wish you could be as secure as I am about who I am, rather than having to belittle others so that you can feel you can hold up your empty inflated head." she retorted, a little late. "I can't believe you set so much store in that blood purity and blood traitor rubbish, try to be original at least!"

Caroline Weasley
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Lucretia sighed and rolled her eyes
'not even worth it' she said to perpetua
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:59 pm

"Yeah" she said "because you know you can't win"

Caroline Weasley
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Lucretia flicked her hair 'actually no, weasel, im just trying to get some work done, for a ravenclaw your not paying any attention, now if youd kindly shut the hell up, we might actually start this class hmm' she said turning her back on the girl
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Mildred Hallows Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Mildred passes the class and hears the girls talking. She comes into the classroom "Hush now girls or I will be taking points from your houses. I will wait here until Professor Weasley returns. Until then open your books to page 14 and write a mini essay about transfigurations gone bad."

Professor Hallows sits with the paper and watches the class.

Mildred Hallows
Head of House

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://hogwartsrpg.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:39 pm

'thats what i was trying to say, professor, didnt you hear me, ive been waiting to get some work done, but people keep discrimating me for my house' Lucretia said slyly shooting a dark look at caroline

she opened her book up and took began to write on her parchment, acting like a good student
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Mildred Hallows Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Mildred peeks up over her paper to acknowledge that she heard you and says "Miss Lestrange you may want to see the nurse after class, you have a fat lip."

Mildred Hallows
Head of House

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://hogwartsrpg.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:56 pm

"That will not be necessary Professor Hallows, but thank you for watching after my class" Professor Bella Cather-Weasley strolled into her classroom. "Sorry I'm late, but I got distracted by my cats. 5 points to all of you for being here before the professor!" She beamed at her class. She peeked at their open books "Page 14? What a random place to start. I would like you all to read pages 1-5, and then I shall pass out some toothpicks for you to work on."

Bella Weasley
Professor

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Lucretia flicked back the pages in her book and began to read quitely
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Caroline kept her head down, she didn't want the others to realize the tardy professor was her mother. She also grimaced as she had to cross out the beginnings of her useless essay, and flipped back to the first page. Though she had to agree...it was best to start with the basics. Professors were rather silly weren't they? she thought to herself, and she smiled a little.

Caroline Weasley
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Dolohov Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Lucretia raised her hand and waited for the professor to notice her
Lucretia Dolohov
Lucretia Dolohov
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Weasley Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:54 pm

"Yes, Miss...?" she trailed off, not yet knowing her students by name.

Bella Weasley
Professor

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next