Hogwarts RP 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apothecary

+2
Perpetua Lestrange
Mildred Hallows
6 posters

Go down

The Apothecary Empty The Apothecary

Post  Mildred Hallows Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:30 pm

The Apothecary sells potions and potion ingredients. The shop is "fascinating" despite its very bad smell — a mixture of bad eggs and rotten cabbage. The inside includes barrels of slimy stuff on the floor; jars of herbs, dried roots and bright powders on the shelves; and bundles of feathers, strings of fangs and snarled claws hanging from the ceiling.

Some of the ingredients available are silver unicorn horns (for twenty-one Galleons each) and glittery-black beetle eyes (five Knuts a scoop.)

Mildred Hallows
Head of House

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://hogwartsrpg.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

The Apothecary Empty Re: The Apothecary

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Perpetua enters the shop and stops abruptly when she gets a whiff of it.

"My god this place smells terrible" She says to the shop owner.
"It is not so bad, I mean it kinda grows on you after awhile." Says the shopkeeper as she takes a deep breath.

"Just get me what I need to use as a first year and make it fast so this stench doesnt stick to me." Perpetua says as she holds her hand over her face.

The shopkeeper reluctantly obliges and Perpetua storms out. While she is outside she primps herself and sprays parfume on her.

Perpetua Lestrange

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  EmilyBlack Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:18 am

The two eleven-year olds entered the Apothecary and had to gasp at the awful smell. The assistant was still rather annoyed by Perpetua Lestrange's outburst and was not overly friendly to the other girls.

<Shop Assistant> 'What do you want? Make it quick, I haven't got all day.'

<Annie Cudgeon> 'Two first-year potions' kits, please. And two sets of crystal phials, two brass scales and two telescopes.'

Emily was admiring the unicorn horns when the shop assistant came back carrying their potions' kits.

<Shop Assistant> 'Don't even think about touching those.'

<Emily Black> 'My mother is a highly esteemed Potioneer and I was considering making a purchase for her. But I won't bother if you don't want me to.'

Annie paid for her supplies and nudged Emily to do the same quickly so that they could leave. Emily handed over her Galleons and left, a little faster than strictly necessary.

EmilyBlack
Student

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Granger Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 am

Cara walked in.
<Cara> Hello.. Umm.. Can I hav...e a stand..ard potionss ki..t for Hog..warts?
<Shopkeeper> Why yes of course!
Shopkeeper picks out a kit and passes it to Cara.
<Cara> Thanks.
Cara paid over 15 sickles and left.

Cara Granger
Student

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi Malfoy Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:36 am

Alexi wanders in
'my my my i havent been here in years, its just like it was, still grotty'
she dusted her hands together briskly after she had touched the dusty shelf 'it even smells like it used to' she said grimacing slightly
'can i get some serivce here?' she stared at the assistant and without letting him speak carried on
'i would like some powdered moonstone and syrup of hellebore, im out in my supplies'

she waited for the man to gather her items and threw a small dark green velvet pouch on the counter
'keep the change, you need it more than i'

Alexi walked out and striaghtened her cloak dusting off as if she'd been in the weasleys house, before setting off back to her office
Alexi Malfoy
Alexi Malfoy
Head of House

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Caroline had never liked visiting the apothecaries. Granted, some things in there were really really cool but they were far outweighed by all the truly disgusting things. There were cool disgusting things, and then there were the disgusting things that haunted your nightmares and made your throat feel all wobbly whenever you looked at or even thought about them. She squirmed impatiently as she clutched her packages. She stared fixedly at this purple brain looking fungi in a jar...it was a cool something, she tried not to let her eyes wonder as she waited for her mother to get her supplies.

Caroline Weasley
Student

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum