Hogwarts RP 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ollivander's Fine Wands

+3
Gilgamesh Crandall
Perpetua Lestrange
Mildred Hallows
7 posters

Go down

Ollivander's Fine Wands Empty Ollivander's Fine Wands

Post  Mildred Hallows Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Ollivander's is a fine wands shop described as narrow and shabby, with a sign that reads Ollivander’s: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC in peeling gold letters over the door. The only display in the window overlooking Diagon Alley is a single wand lying on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. Within, there are countless narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling and a spindly legged chair.

Mr Ollivander, the pale-eyed, white-haired shopkeeper, makes and sells the magic wands to witches and wizards as they enter school or break their old wands. He remembers every wand he has ever sold. To determine the best wand for a witch or wizard, Mr Ollivander measures various body parts (including, in Harry's case, between his nostrils) and then checks the reactions of various wands to the buyer, a process he refers to as "the wand choosing the wizard."

Mildred Hallows
Head of House

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://hogwartsrpg.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Ollivander's Fine Wands Empty Re: Ollivander's Fine Wands

Post  Perpetua Lestrange Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:38 pm

<Henrietta> Perpetua my dear, your father and I have some business to take care of so we must go. I trust that you can finish shopping on your own.

<Perpetua> Whatever mum just go.

Perpetua takes the bag of money and puts it in her cloak. She walks up to the counter where a frail old man starts to tell her about wands and how it will choose her. She rolls her eyes as she waves each of the wands, getting nothing from each one.

Ollivander, who can barely make it up the ladders, brings down a wand, and hands it to Perpetua. When she waves it the whole room lights up and the silver handled wand sparkles.

<Ollivander> That is a 9" Ashwood wand with a special core made from mermaid tears, the handle is pure silver.

Perpetua smiles as she looks at her shiny new wand, pays for it, and leaves.

Perpetua Lestrange

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilgamesh Crandall Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 am

The Crandall's enter. Ollivander is with another customer a the moment, so they stand at the front of the store and wait for him. Gilgamesh and his sister, Phaedra, watch as the child who is currently with Ollivander gives her wand a flick. The glasses that Ollivander is wearing shatter.

<Ollivander> Oh dear! No, that's not right.

Ollivander puts that wand away and pulls another out of his robe. He points this wand at the bits of glass lying on the floor.

<Ollivander> Rapairo

The bits of glass all fly up magically, seemliy fuse perfectly back together into the lenses that they were a part of a few moments before, and replace themselves inside of the frames that they belong to. Ollivandr rummages around in the third row of boxes for a moment before returning with another one. He pulls out a red wand that is relatively short compared to the one before it and hands it to the girl. The girl then gives her wand a swirl, and a beautiful purple haze emits from the end of it. Ollivander looks with wonder at the wand as if he hadn't sold thousand of them already.

<Ollivander> Excellent!

He checks the girl out, and she leaves with him parents. Ollivander turns to the Crandalls.

<Ollivander> Rourke! Good to see you! I remember yours. Now, don't tell me. It was rosewood, 13 1/2 Inches, core of Dragon heartstring!

<Mr. Crandall> You've still got it old man.

<Ollivander> Now, what can I do for you today?

<Mr. Crandall> I need a wand for my son here.

Ollivander looks curiously at Phaedra.

<Ollivander> Is the girl not yet 11?

Mr. Crandall opens his mouth to speak, but Phaedra's face hardens and she responds before he gets the chance.

<Phaedra> I'm not a witch. I take after my mother.

Ollivander looks at the girl with an enigmatic expression before turning to Gilgamesh. Mr. Crandall looks down at his daughter.

<Mr. Crandall> I think that Gilgamesh can handle this part on his own, and it may take awhile. Would you like to go get some ice cream?

<Phaedra> Sure!

Phaedra skips out of the shop behind her father as if the uncomfortable moment from just before never happened. Gilgamesh looks after them for a moment before the he turns back to Ollivander, who has already returned with a wand.

After a dozen or so attempts, Gilgamesh is handed a green wand the sparkles in the sunlight filtering in through the window shades. It is etched with swirls, and he runs his finger over the etchings. This wand is different than the others. It is not only physically appealing to him, but his fingers tingle as he touches it. He picks the wand up in his right hand and gives it a slow swish in the air. As he does this, sparks fly out that look like diamonds in the air. Unlike the previous wands that sparked, this one does not seem to make haphazard aparks. They come out with a beautiful flourish. It is amazing -- as if this wand is just an extension of his arm. Ollivander's face has a look of wonder once again.

<Ollivander> 12 3/4 Inches, Poplar, core of Unicorn tail hair.

Ollivander goes the the cash register and starts ringing up Gilgamesh as he continues to look at his wand with awe. For the first time, he is overcome with the emotion of what is happening. This is really real! He is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry, and he is going to get to LIVE in the wizarding world that his father came from! Ollivander brings him out of his reverie by telling him the total of his purchase. Gilgamesh pays and steps back out onto the street. Just as he does so, his father and sister come toward him from the direction of the ice cream shop.

<Phaedra> You're just now getting done! We finished the rest of your shopping before we went to get ice cream. Did you get a wand? Let me see.

It is almost painful to part with his wand, but he doesn't want to hurt phaedra's feelings. He reluctantly handed it to her, but was careful not to let her see his reluctance. Phaedra ran her fingers over the swirled designs just like he had a few minutes before and turned it to watch is sparkle in the sun.

<Phaedra> It's beautiful!

<Gilgamesh> I knew you would like it! You love things that sparkle. It reminded me of you when I first saw it. When it worked for me, I knew that it was made to sparkle just to remind me of you!

Phaedra smiled and took her brother's hand. The Crandall's left Diagon Alley after their long day of shopping.

Gilgamesh Crandall
Student

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Roran Hales Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:08 am

Andrian walked into the dusty scramp, dark room and paused at the counter tapping it lightly "Hello?" Andrian called out as a old man reeled in with a ladder under him "Ah. Potter isn't it?" Ollivander asked crawling down his ladder and reached for a wand. Andrian couldn't say anything but nodded "Try this one - Dragon Heartstring 11 inches, snappy and good for charm" he suggested handing Andrian the wand and waited for him to wave it

Andrian looked at his confused and gently waved his wand around, seeing what it would do, but it seemed to cause the ladder to snap in half "Oh uh, sorry" Andrian said apologetically looking at him fiercely dropping the wand
"Not to worry" Ollivander said getting another one from the section and walked to Andrian again "12 inches Phoenix in Ash" he suggested again. He grabbed the wand and felt as if he was under a hot blanket
"How much?" Andrian asked looking at him excitedly and waited for a responce
"18 galloan" he said looking directly at Andrian eyes watching him get out 18 galloen and took it gently
Roran Hales
Roran Hales
Student

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  EmilyBlack Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:14 am

Ophelia directed Emily to Ollivander's Fine Wands. The little shop looked exactly the same as she had last seen it and the bell tinkled as they entered the dust front room. The broken spindly chair sat in the corner and Emily was pulled up by her mother before she could take a seat. Silver eyes peered around the corner at the two newcomers and Ophelia tensed. She was nervous around Ollivander. He freaked her out.

The loud voice scared both newcomers.

<Ollivander> 'Ophelia Black, Beechwood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible.'

<Ophelia Lepton> 'I see you haven't lost your touch. Although I'm Ophelia Lepton now.'

<Ollivander> 'And I suppose we are here for your first wand, Miss Lepton?'

He turned and gave Emily an encouraging smile.

<Emily Black> 'Yes. But I'm Emily Black. I kept my old surname when Mum got married. Sorry, it's a bit confusing.'

<Ollivander> 'I see. This child has her grandfather's character. Fourteen inches, swishy, mahogany wood, Unicorn Tail Hair, his wand was. Very good for Transfiguration.'

He rummaged around in the shelves while a measuring tape measured every part of Emily it could reach. Ollivander handed Emily a wand of a beautiful black colour.

<Ollivander> 'Ebony, twelve inches, quite supple. Griffin Feather.'

She had not even begun to wave the wand when it was snatched out of her hand by the old man.

<Ollivander> 'No, no. Try this one. Oak, eleven inches, pliable, phoenix feather.'

Emily waved the wand and heard the smash of the window pane. She was hoping that wouldn't happen again as her mother glared at her before silently reparing the smashed glass.

<Ollivander> 'Obviously not! Try this one, it is an experiment with Veela hair so it may be quite temperamental. Hawthorn, twelve and three-quarter inches, reasonably springy.'

Emily waved the wand and felt an odd sensation of dread rushing through her. But then she waved the wand and it began shooting sparks in every direction. Ollivander came to her rescue and removed the wand. He brought another box from the crowded shelves and handed the wand inside to the waiting girl.

<Emily Black> 'Ooh, this one is pretty!!!'

<Ollivander> 'Thirteen inches, flexible, blackthorn, griffin tail feather.'

Emily felt a brilliant rush through her body. It left a tingling in her right arm and she new that this was the wand for her. Ophelia realised that the right wand had finally been chosen and took her purse out of her handbag. Ophelia was already bored with the shopping for her child's school supplies and hadn't being paying much attention.

<Ollivander> 'Fifteen Galleons please, Mrs Lepton. This is a very powerful wand, Miss Black. Please make sure that I do not regret its sale. Very good for Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. Use it well.'

Ophelia handed over the money and began to make her way out of the door. Emily lingered for a while not wanting to leave this enchanted place so quickly.

<Ophelia Lepton> 'Emily!!! Get out here now.'

<Emily Black> 'Thank you very much, Mr Ollivander. I love my wand.'

Ollivander gave her a wink and ushered her out of his store. When Emily looked back, Ollivander gave her the same encouraging smile he had given her when she entered. She waved goodbye and then ran to catch up with her mother a few yards in front.

EmilyBlack
Student

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Granger Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 am

Cara runs in the shop.
<Ollivander> Hello, Cara Granger.
<Cara> How do you know my name?
<Ollivander> Your grandmother Hermione came in here and I can see the resemblance.
<Cara> Okayy...
Ollivander rummages around and finds a special wand.
<Ollivander> 10" ashwood with holly core. Give it a wave!
Cara waves the wand and the lightbulb screwed out and smashed.
<Ollivander> No! NO! NO!!
Ollivander snatches the wand and changes it to another.
<Ollivander> 14" holly with griffin-feather core.
Cara waves it and the chair starts to float.
Cara puts it down and the chair drops.
<Ollivander> 1 galleon.
Cara pays and leaves.

Cara Granger
Student

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Weasley Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Caroline was genuinely excited to enter this shop. Not even the looming presence of her mother could quell her buzz. She bounced impatiently on the balls of her heels as she waited for the old man to finish with Cara. Finally Ollivander turned his dusty gaze to her anxious face. "I'm here for a wand!" she blurted. Ollivander smiled. As a little girl Caroline had come in often, begging to be let try out wands. One time he found her in there actually waving one, seemingly oblivious that the room was going to pieces around her with each flick. He was glad to finally be able to grant her wish. Caroline waved each wand her handed her enthusiastically until she finally found the one that suited her. Bubbles emerged from the tip, but they were in the shape of cats who gamboled and frolicked around each other until they popped. It was made of willow and had a unicorn hair core, she hugged it to her chest as her mother payed and shooed her out the door.

Caroline Weasley
Student

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum